Chapter House

 

After originally meeting in the basement of the Rockville Court House (thus the chapter’s name), the Izaak Walton League of America – Rockville Chapter moved to Violet’s Lock on the Potomac River. In the late 1940′s, the chapter was deeded property at its current location. In 1950, Chapter Members constructed the chapter house. It was originally a two story block building that served the Chapter well for over 60 years.

In 2012 the Chapter contracted to have the building expanded, adding bathrooms, storage, a front porch and a rear deck.  The house is available to members for meetings, weddings and a number of other functions. Interested Members should contact the House Rental Chair via this email address.